There were 51 of us, plus three percussion instruments and a squawking trumpet, crammed into a 34-seat bus (these weren’t luxury-sized seats, either!). The instruments and most of the voices were at top volume for most of the trip: I joined in with the songs I knew, and praised God in spirit when I didn’t.
The waterfalls were beautiful! After growing up with waterfalls that flowed from melted snow water, I found this water very mild! But some of the poor Africans grew quite chilled, especially when it began to rain. Of course, the fact that most of them went swimming while I merely waded might have had something to do with it.
No one’s spirits were too dampened by the rain: we simply took a lunch break. At first I thought that I should eat last since I wasn’t very hungry; but in the end I was relieved to be among the first to eat, because the dishes were all reused without washing in between!
Since we hadn’t had enough music on the way over ;), someone set up his laptop with speakers, turning our pavilion into a dance floor. There was lots of clapping and some pretty amazing dancing going on.
Alas, this was the day my camera broke, so I have very few pictures to share. =(
Since we hadn’t had enough music on the way over ;), someone set up his laptop with speakers, turning our pavilion into a dance floor. There was lots of clapping and some pretty amazing dancing going on.
Alas, this was the day my camera broke, so I have very few pictures to share. =(
I want to see some of these dance moves :) Amazing to praise God with fellow believers in a different language and God understands it all! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures of the waterfalls remind me of Oregon, but more beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHolly