Friday, July 3, 2009

The Story of a Bag that’s gone AWOL – Part 2

Thanks for all your prayers! Yesterday Pastor Tirumbu and I stopped by the bus station and picked up my missing bag. As soon as I opened it and saw packing material, I knew a few items were missing, for we stuffed that bag to the brim, and I had to sit on it to close it. =D Most of the stuff got thru, praise God! What was missing? Flashlights, including one lovely hand-cranked flashlight my mom had gotten me. =( The moral of the story is: when bringing flashlights to Ghana, pack them in your carry-on luggage. And leave them behind when you return to the West, because obviously flashlights are a blessing to the people here. =)

Anyway, praise God that most of the stuff came through! Thanks again for your prayers.

Although I haven’t had much opportunity to sit at the computer this week, apparently I start working from my very own office this Monday. =) This should give more time for resizing and uploading pictures, describing a typical day, and so on.

One quick answer to a quick question I got: “What is the time difference between the east coast and Ghana?” Ghana is four or five hours ahead of ET, depending on the time of year; due to the fact that Ghana is so near the equator, it has no need for daylight savings time, and so right now we’re only four hours apart. Once the east coast switches back to standard time, however, there will be a five-hour difference.

Thanks for all your prayers and love. I appreciate each one of you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment