Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Village Photos

This isn’t a National Geographic photo shoot, I mused when I first saw mud huts up close.

This isn’t a two-week safari.

This is real life for the people who live here, the only life they will ever know.

Robert Moffat famously said, I have seen, at different times, the smoke of a thousand villages – villages whose people are without Christ, without God, and without hope in this world.


Yesterday I was part of a team that visited seven villages. On that one day, in those seven villages, there were two funerals. People are passing into an eternity on a daily basis without Christ, without God, and without hope.

The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. – Matthew 9:37-38

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are there to speak the love of Christ to these precious people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow; beautiful pictures. Keep up the good harvest!

    ReplyDelete