I’m about to launch into learning a THIRD language today: Arabic!
Although I did learn a little Arabic as a child living in Egypt, my mind is reeling at the thought of trying to understand another language while still grappling with two African tongues. =D Please pray for my mind to work quickly – and for my demeanor to bring honor to Christ. The Arabic instructor is a devout Muslim who, when I was introduced to him, refused to make eye contact with me (but interacted quite naturally with Mr. Joe, who will be studying alongside me). May my heart seek to glorify God and not cause offense, rather than take offense at being treated as Islam treats its women. =)
God is good ALL the time, and ALL the time God is GOOD!
Hey, how hard can learning Arabic be? After all, Benjamin's learning it, so can't just anyone do it? Well, anyone with IQ above 150 or so, I guess...
ReplyDeleteWhich I definitely don't have...so prayers are very much needed. =D
ReplyDeleteDefinitely praying for you, Leah! I can't imagine learning three different languages. I had trouble learning one language! =D
ReplyDelete