Friday, April 30, 2010

Please keep praying!

My dad sent me an email earlier this week in response to one I’d sent home about some of the discouragement with which I’ve been struggling. In it he said that he and my mom “agree that all of us [the entire family, which is still in much need of prayer!] are under spiritual attack, and that you are the reason… =D By this I mean that God has been using you to bring many people to Christ in what is a Muslim stronghold. I think that a lot of the difficulties we are facing on both sides of the Atlantic, and the temptations to discouragement, are an attack – against us to cause us to lose focus and neglect our prayers for you – and against you to blunt your effective witness. Your encounter with the Muslim man and the children on the street is another evidence of this. Think back to [a number of different people who have come to Christ recently through the school, hospital, and personal friendships], and it’s pretty obvious that Satan must not be pleased.”

My dad seems to have accurately observed what’s happening. Please pray in a special way for me as I continue in the ministry here…and for my family in the States, as they continue to face a number of peculiar challenges that are indeed working to discourage and distract me. It’s NOT all about me, but it is about God’s work, and His perfect plan for so many people in northern Ghana who need to accept His love!

Thanks for praying. =)

5 comments:

  1. Definitely praying against Satan's attacks. Stay strong in the Lord. Let Him be your strength! Praying, Leah!

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. Put on that armor of God and FIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it! I haven't been able to check your blog (or any blog) very frequently, but I'm guessing the Holy Spirit lead me here today so I could read this post. Count on my prayers for you and your family, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do pray for you and your witness, but not as fervently as I should. I purpose to approach prayer for you with a more serious, more determined attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All - thank you so much for your prayers! I can truly feel them, and am so grateful. Just praying now that all is resolved for my family well before I return home....

    Again, thanks for praying!

    ReplyDelete