Monday, February 15, 2010

Jesus Loves the Little Children

All the children of the world! He loves the children in America, and He loves the ones in Africa for whom the children in America are praying.

One of my biggest supporters – not only in finances, but more importantly in prayers – is a family I have never met. We were introduced to each other via email some years ago: they were looking for people to proof older books they were reprinting, and my sister and I ended up filling the proofreading role for them for years! When I was preparing to come to Africa, I emailed them with an explanation of why I’d no longer be available to proof – and to my complete surprise and gratitude, they asked for a copy of my prayer letter, and responded with amazing generosity!

Their grandchildren comprise a club that teaches Biblical principles and practical skills. Well, when the club heard that Daddy and Benjamin were coming to visit, guess what they did?! They sent a package with chocolate – and not just any chocolate, mind you: this was Ghirardelli and Lindt! – and a check with money they had raised for my parents to buy me all sorts of little luxuries. My parents used the funds to purchase lotion (it’s dry season here), Q-tips (don’t forget to pack those if YOU ever go away for a year!), gifts for friends here (gift-giving is VERY important in Ghanaian society), and so much more.

And sweetest of all, the package my friends sent included handwritten notes from each of the children. When I emailed my thanks, I was told that they are praying “so faithfully for dear Miss Leah…to be healthy, and to win the children to Jesus.”

Well, children’s prayers are very special: God has been abundantly answering that first request…and He was about to start answering that second request in some unexpected ways….

1 comment:

  1. Awww... this is sweet, Leah. (the chocolates I'm sure are especially sweet. :)
    I so loved catching up on all your posts and I hope I will be able to keep checking up with them in the future. God bless you and make you abundantly fruitful in His work there in Africa.

    ReplyDelete