Friday, February 19, 2010

The Private School Door – 2

Daniel and I spent our entire session with classes 1-3 sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. Fatawu translated as before; and it was cool to note that whenever Daniel talked about how “this Man” can save you, Fatawu’s translation included the Name “Jesus Christ.” Meanwhile, the other teacher – “Alit” – sat in the back with an expressionless face that gave no hint of what was going through his mind. At one point he buried his head in his hands. “Is he wondering ‘What in the world are we doing letting Christians into this school?’ or is he realizing that this must be true, even though it’s against everything he’s ever heard?” I wondered, and prayed for him.

Midway through I was sensing that God’s Spirit was really at work in the classroom, and suddenly thought, “I need to pray that everyone in this room will surrender to Christ today!” Just as quickly I reminded myself that such a result would be impossible. “Is anything impossible with Me?” God asked. “No, Lord,” I replied, and prayed that each person in the room would come to Christ. But it was still a shock to me-of-little-faith when Daniel invited those who would like to pray to accept Jesus Christ to raise their hands, and every single hand in the room went up! All 60+ students, Fatawu, and Alit.

Wow.

Mr. Joe, Daniel, another gentleman, and I met later that afternoon with Fatawu and Alit, to give each one a Bible and tell them a little bit about their newfound faith. When we asked them at the end for their feedback, Fatawu said that he had heard many things about Jesus Christ all his life, and was thankful to finally know the truth and call Jesus his Lord and Savior. Alit simply said that as we were talking, he recognized we were speaking the words of God.

My friends, I thought the story I was giving you would end with the Sunday school chapter…then with the first private school chapter…then with the second private school chapter; but God’s story keeps getting written. So tune back in soon for further news of God at work in northern Ghana. And meanwhile, please pray for these vulnerable children who are going back to their Muslim families. May God be tender and gracious with each one!

2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING!!!! Wow. What sort of follow-up/discipleship are the students receiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so WONDERFUL, Leah!! It must be amazing to see God working!! Definitely praying for all the little children as well as two teachers. :)

    ReplyDelete