(for whatever reason) in the comments area. Will you do me a favor and leave a comment – just to cheer me up and let me know you’re reading, to let me know what you’re praying for, to give overall feedback on the blog, including questions that are still unanswered or content you would like to see?
There are several sensitive prayer burdens on my heart at present – will you lift them up before the Lord at this time? Will you pray for Ghana, for her unsaved, for the efforts to reach them in this area?
Thanks so much for your concern and prayers!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your blog is a great encouragement to me. Thank you for taking all of us along on your adventure with God. Our family has been praying for you before our school work - for wisdom, safety and health. We will ift up your prayer requests today and rejoice in all that God is doing in Ghana.
ReplyDeleteI so love your description of worship. Freedom to worship. "As David did in Jehovah's sight, I will dance with all my might before the King of kings."
Aw, you've had no comments for the past several posts!!! Yikes. Don't take it personally... you are an EXCELLENT writer, and it is so clear that God is using your beautiful life for His glory!!!
ReplyDeleteSomething is just seriously wrong with blogspot readers (ha... ask my parents how many times I've been like, "If they're reading, why don't they comment???" I don't think most people realize how comments are a writer's fuel. :) But anyway, sorry; I've dropped the ball on that lately myself. Thanks for all the great posts of your travels, etc. (Love those elephant pictures!)
Q&A possibility - How is family life and structure in Ghana?
Ask and you shall receive! We do pray for you and your blog: may God use you both to advance His Kingdom!
ReplyDeleteI intend to print of many of your posts and read them to Addie and Stuart for school. Because your posts are so warm and frequent, it's hard to remember that your end of things tends to be a little empty!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the silence. I love your posts and love sharing Africa with you. It makes the Leah-shaped hole in my world a little less acute. :)
Love you!
-- Sara.
Leah,
ReplyDeleteYou do not know me as I'm a bit new at HSLDA. However, I do read your blog, and enjoy it so much:) I grew up as an MK in Kenya, so I enjoy remembering as I read. There seem to be many similarities. May God bless you today!
I read regularly, and greatly appreciate your updates!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and for the ministry in Ghana. I read every post you make both here and on the ministry website. Your blogs are usually the first internet reading I do each morning. Your descriptions of daily life, of the people, of the Body of Christ, of Islam, of the culture, of the climate, and of the geography among other things are all so vivid and thought/prayer-provoking. Further, your short devotional thoughts are excellent for introspection and allowing God to clean out the cobwebs in our hearts. Forgive us all for receiving such blessing from your posts and not responding often enough to return the blessing.
ReplyDeleteI read your blog and pray for you and the concerns you mention. The idea of Africa is so big that I find myself wondering if God can truly meet such need, and then I read about the people you meet and am encouraged.
ReplyDeleteLeah,
ReplyDeleteYour life and ministry are in my prayers. Miss you lots!
Sindy
Aww: thanks, everyone - for your prayers and for your encouraging words.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Porter - God bless your family! =D What you shared is a real encouragement to me.
Caris - thanks for all your faithful comments, and for the blog idea: keep an eye out for the answer to that question. ;)
Sara - can I just say "Aww" again? Missing you too: "Dawn Treader" here we come!
Sarah - thanks for leaving a note: I look forward to meeting you when I get back. =)
Mr. Bill and Miss Mary - you are so kind. Thanks for those sweet words. =)
Thanks again to everyone! May God bless your day as you've blessed mine. =)
Hey Leah,
ReplyDeleteI can speak for my entire family when I say that we are all praying for you. (Susan Zakula is my Grandma.) We all keep up on your adventures and take each prayer request to the Lord.
Personally, it is amazing to hear about Africa and read what the Lord is doing, as I feel led to the mission field myself in the future. Plus, the pictures of the elephants were awesome!
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
Britt
Hi Leah,
ReplyDeleteI haven't been on here this year until today. :(
I can't say what a comfort you have been to me. I love your honesty and genuine love for the people. I am rebuked by your little story about witnessing to those muslims in your taxi because I have been little concerned about being a witness lately. Lord help me. I also can totally understand how you must feel being homesick and know I would be the exact same way and probably will be some day. I guess I see you kind of like the person I hope to be when I graduate and go off to some mission field. Your tenderness and love for God described through your writing are so sweet to read and I feel like I understand your hearts desires so well. Thank you so much for your blogs and emails. I love you.
ps. I especially appreciate your prayer requests for specific souls that God has burndened your heart with and have delighted in being able to lift them up to God in my own prayers when I am reminded of them. I'm wondering how Hassan, Jasan, and Daeud (not sure if my spelling is right) are doing.
ReplyDelete