Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yesterday was a Good Day

This is what our team kept saying to each other every day last time I was in Ghana, and it’s proving true thus far on this trip as well!

The Tirumbus (remember, I’m continuing to use the name I was requested to use in my letter!) were so kind to us yesterday and let us adjust gradually: we stopped by the office in the morning, but took the afternoon to unpack, nap, take a little walk, and visit, then went to bed early. Tonight a team of eight students is expected to arrive, who will be assisting in the ministry for a few weeks. We’re supposed to spend today with Pastor Tirumbu and a lady from Mexico who’s wrapping up a three-week period of ministry here. Although the schedule that’s been outlined for us in the next few days is fairly slow, we’ve been warned that next week “the honeymoon is over” and the hard work begins!

I’m glad my mom gets to share the “honeymoon” period with me. =)

1 comment:

  1. Leah - I am so happy that your mom gets to be with you during this time as well. Let her know, the boys are doing just fine! I hear Benjamin is quite a cook! =]

    ReplyDelete