(and more important in fulfilling the actual work) are the frontline prayer warriors. So many people have been praying for me while I’ve been in Ghana, but none as much as my family, I think. My constant absence is a continual reminder to them to pray for me. Almost every email from home ends, “We are praying for your –” and then follows a long list of such things as health, relationships with Ghanaians, different current ministries, wisdom to make a particular decision, even such mundane items such as lost sandals to be found or a cool night so I can catch up on sleep (once it was “grace to endure the heat” – we can’t pray for cooler temperatures all the time ;) ). Sometimes I read through the list in amazement – “Wow, they’re even praying that I’ll have good material for blog posts, or that God will bless tonight’s prayer meeting.” They pray for anything and everything, and God is working through their prayers!
My friends, THEY are the ones standing in need of prayer right now. Since I’ve been in Ghana, so many freaky occurrences have happened that have made it obvious they are under spiritual attack. This last week has been chock-full of very challenging circumstances for them, including two auto accidents and a relational misunderstanding that has broken my heart.

Please be praying for my family at this critical time: may God give them the divine protection and encouragement they need at this moment!
Marking a new Krizzie for tonight...
ReplyDelete-- SJ
We are praying for God's encouragement and protection for your family (and for you)!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the prayers! Sara, I love being able to visualize what you actually mean by your otherwise cryptic phrase. ;)
ReplyDelete