Thursday, June 30, 2011

God's goals

As soon as Vincent shared his New Year's goal with me, I immediately enlisted the prayers of a couple of Stateside friends, and was thrilled to share the following information with them; one friend was especially encouraged and told me, “There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't pray for them.”


Community service” isn't a punishment in Ghana; rather, it's a for-credit summer assignment given to many college students, who are sent to remote villages to do survey work and help implement government programs. Vincent participated this year, and in mid-May I received a message from him:


Could you believe that in my community, by God's grace I led about 30people to Christ on a single day just recently? 6 at a time and the rest in a group. I will share the details later. Praise God!!”


Only ten days ago, he followed up with another message: “Two 5yrs old kids together with some others got born again tonight. 5yrs ooooo [remember, I told you that Twi speakers emphasize what they've said by adding “O” at the end] 5yrs!!!! God is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!”


Vincent is well on his way to 40 new believers in 2011, if he's not already met that goal. Please pray with me that he will continue to pursue God and honor Him as he witnesses to others. Pray too for these new believers: may their hearts be good soil to receive the good news they've heard this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment