“What do you think the most important thing in life is?” Joel asked a group of high school girls we were evangelizing. “Health?” they guessed. “Education? Friends?” “No, no!” he laughed. “What I’m talking about is really the most important thing in the world: in fact, it’s so important, it’s amazing that more people aren’t talking about it.” Of course, what he was referring to was our life after our death, which will quite overshadow our life here on earth. “Wow, what a way to put it,” I thought, and filed away his wording for future use in evangelistic outreaches.
“We need to start a Bible study in this school!” Joel told our friend “Rashid” and me eagerly. “You know that this is a task for the two of you to take up,” I warned them, “since I’m leaving soon.”
God has led Joel – who is originally from the south, and has just been here on a temporary assignment – to remain in the north when he completes his current obligation. He plans to find a job to support himself while he does ministry “on the side.” He will take over most of the ministries I’ve been involved in: teaching about Christ in the schools (yes, it’s plural now! more on that later), praying with the sick in hospitals once a week, leading discipleship sessions with new believers, and evangelizing in local neighborhoods. Please pray for this passionate, dedicated young man: may God lead him clearly and purposefully in the months to come, and provide for all his needs in HIS good timing.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment