One of the things tourists have to do when they come to northern Ghana is visit the Paga crocodile pond, a 5-acre overgrown puddle that is teeming with over 500 “tame” crocodiles (the locals claim they go swimming with the reptiles; of course, they keep the pond stocked with fish, and then charge tourists to feed the crocs with chickens). I’ve been saving all of the touristy things to experience with Daddy and Benjamin, so at last I traveled north and visited the famed crocodiles.Five months ago, the Tirumbus hosted Grandma Gloria, a retired missionary who, with her husband, led Pastor Tirumbu to the Lord nearly thirty years ago. We spent hours together as she reminisced about her life in Africa. One of the things she made me promise to do when at last I would visit the Paga pond was to kiss a crocodile. “Why go all the way to see these crocodiles and not do something outrageous like kiss one?” she challenged me.
Grandma Gloria, here is photographic proof that I’ve kept my promise. ;)
HAHA!!!!! WOW! (But um, Leah? I know they look confusing, but their mouth is actually the OTHER end. :)
ReplyDeleteI now have a new computer wallpaper :)
ReplyDeleteOutrageous? How about plain ol crazy! At least the croc didn't kiss you back.
ReplyDeletewoah... I'm suprised they would let you even get so close. Don't those things bite. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute.