Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Post About Children

So I was waiting for Latif to finish his morning tasks – iron shirt, eat breakfast, behead chicken – and got to visit with his little neighbor children while waiting. The little brother and sister speak perfect English for their ages and are obviously well-loved. They prattled about all the things precocious children normally discuss, taking a brief break to see the chicken get beheaded (I stayed quietly behind, having seen plenty of that in my past already), and danced to the music they heard floating out the window from the radio.

Suddenly the radio began to play Christmas carols, and the little girl began to sing along about life forevermore because of Christmas Day. “Do you know what the song means?” I asked, and told them all about the Jesus Whose birth we celebrate on Christmas, and the eternal life He offers each one of us if we will only repent and believe.

May many in this city repent and believe this Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. God is so sweet to give us lovely little opportunites like this one.

    ReplyDelete