Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something Different

The Tirumbus’ young cousin was playing with her dolly’s hair. Laughingly I mimicked the style she was using, parting my hair horizontally from ear to ear and gathering all the upper portion into a ponytail that spouted straight up. She and the Tirumbus’ youngest daughter laughed with me, then eagerly asked whether they could play with my hair.

If you’ve been reading this blog for long, you can guess my answer.

“Can we braid it?” they asked once they’d settled down to business, soon demonstrating that they meant, “Can we put in a zillion tiny braids?” “I’m so sorry,” I apologized halfway through, “I don’t think you knew I had so much hair.”

Half-way through: braided on one side, sectioned off on the other

They hadn’t, but they were troopers, and after four hours of effort I was left with probably 200+ little braids. As you can tell, they were pretty pleased with the results.



After all that effort, I HAD to keep the braids in for a couple days! They’re out now, but were fun while they lasted. =)

5 comments:

  1. Jonathan is still slaying spiders at work, and would be happy to do so for you if you were here. WE're proud of you for rising to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look very much at home and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it when our household helper braids my girls´ hair. She does such a lovely job. I don´t know how she does it...especially since their hair is so thin and silky compared to what she is used to.

    ReplyDelete